mercredi, septembre 13, 2006

So, got to go SCUBA diving! t was awesome, except for the instructor imposing debt limits of like, 10 meters, and he kept grabbing me al lthe itme, and telling me to not use my arms, and to relax.. wtf.. relaxing during scuba to save air to me is like driving a race car at an idling speed to save fuel. It's not the point, you're in anexciting situation and you should get as much as you can out of it.

But yeah, was cool, tonnes of other divers too, which I loved. Everyone else seemed to be annoyed with this. I liked it cuz you look down, and there is a packof 5 divers 10 meters below you, and you see their trail of air bubbles, and you swim through the air bubbles,or watchthem break up as the pressure lowers.

I also loved starrnig up at the surface, as any one whos gone snorkelling with me, you know I love seeing the surface from under the water, that circle of refraction that appears, and seieng the bubbles burst again it.

Saw crazy amounts of marine life too. Schools of fish, snake-like things, huge ass fish, tiny fish. I still don't understand how an entire school of fish will all jump to the right or something all simultaneously. But ya, good times.

Afterwards, was trying to find Haad Yao, when I cmae accross a sign for a water fall. I decided to check it out, had no where to leave my 30 lbs of stuff though, so took it with me, the first sign read "Waterfall 200m", so I figured I could do that. Then I notiecd it was up a mountain, with a difficult path to climb. I carried on though, then saw a second sign, again "Waterfall 200m", so continued, then the third sign.. then the fourth sign. I think in total it was 600 meters. On my way, I passed an Israilly couple. This made me feel like I was in shape, the fact that I, with 30 lbs on my bag, could way overtake people who were carrying next to nothing.

At the top was a new Zealander.. Cool guy, we chilled at the top for a big, then the Israillies cme, chilled with them, they left, and then we (the New Zealander and I) left.

I continued to try and get to Haad Yao when it started to rain, and I was going to the wrong one.. So, I decided to go back (20 minutes of motorbiking) to the guesthouse to get a helmat.. At 50 km, you can't see anything on a bike without somehting covering your eyes. This was a dumb thing to do, as I could have just gone to the south were there wasn't really that much rain.. But no, I went to the north and biked through crazy hard rain. I was soaked and topless by the time I got there.

I decided to try and wait the rain out, so watched a movie I picked up, Blackbeared. i got it cuz tmy friend in Thailand is in it. He's Robber #1.

Anyways, taxi'ed back to the south (which wasn't easy.. taxi service out here, in effectly, the country, isn't as reliable as taxi service in the city.) Got another warning about Lady-boys, etc.. And went to the jewish bar. Was kind of bored.. so I just went to bed.