lundi, septembre 04, 2006

Leaving Hong Kong

Leavng Hong Kong today for Japan. I had fun here. Lost of musuems (but like most museums, dissapointingly uninformative). And the space museum told me I was too fat to try the moon walker simulator.. 4kg over the max.. so umm.. fuck them.

Went out to dinner with two tkd instructors last night. Instead of boring and awkward, it was actually fun. We hate a nmber of things, including Pigeon. Left the restaurent tipsy too. (China beer is good)

They really beleive in that "Chi" stuff though, one of the instructors was actively training his ability to use Chi. Chi is comparable to Star War's 'The Force' for those of you who don't know. Except for the stringling at a distance and mind control.. It's more like, maximizing your force to ridiculous degrees, etc.

They were also telling me about the Showloon monks. Aparently recently there was a compitition somewhere, then the winners when to Showloon to play against the monks. I asked how they did, I was just explained that they can't compare at all.. The showloon monks train all day every single day. One of the excersizes I hear is that they have to crawl down a montain every morning, worse yet, they cannot use the palm of their hands, only their finger tips. Facing down the montain too, no short cuts.. eseentially, the majority of their weight, the whole crawl down, on the finger tips. I estimate I could make 10 meters before crying.

It would be cool though to chill with them for a week.. The ridiculously hardcore training, all that.

Gee too Gee.